Background

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The first post - so much pressure!

For this first post, I'm going to get a few house keeping items out of the way before we begin our journey...

Top 5 Things You Need to Start a "Life and Times" of Yourself and Elvis Blog:

1) A facsination?...no...a fixation?...no.....an obsession?!?....no...an extremly, intense passion for Elvis Presley. That's the best way I can describe it without sounding terribly odd...wait, it sounds anyway, doesn't it?!?

2) Co-workers who laugh at your Elvis stories and think that you should start an Elvis Blog! Thanks Mark and Brandon. :)

3) A willingness to make an idiot out of yourself on the internet to complete strangers as well as people you see on a daily basis about how Elvis "really does" influence your daily life! :)

4) A ridiculously understanding husband, who knows you love him dearly, but probably not as much as Elvis...and he loves you ANYWAY!

5) An open mind! Harder than it sounds, I know...ask my hubby!

FAQ / Frequent Comments
Q: How old are you?
Me: When people hear that I love Elvis, their thoughts are that Elvis is generally for an older generation. Okay, okay, so no, I wasn't even alive when Elvis died (just a year shy), but does that mean that he affects me any less? I don't think so.

Q: Do you really love Elvis?
Me: Do I really love Elvis? lol... What kind of question is that? How can you love a person without knowing them...without looking them in the eye and feeling that one-on-one connection? I wasn't even born when he was alive, how could I determine whether or not I love him?

Q: So do you really love Elvis?
Me: yes

Q: Why?
Me: Why not?

Frequent Comment: Elvis really wasn't that good of a singer...
Me: Don't talk to me.

Frequent Comment: I always liked Elvis when I was growing up. I had a chance to see him in (insert name of city here), but never made it to the concert.
Me: Don't talk to me and never talk to me again. :)

Q: Do you have an Elvis shrine?
Me: What do mean by "shrine"? Shrine no, but "collection" yes! Is it weird that my Elvis Christmas stocking is still hung by the chimney with care? I didn't think so... so no, I don't have an Elvis "shrine".

Okay, okay, now that we have the silliness out of the way, this blog is really meant to talk about my passion for Elvis in a not so velvet-Elvis-painting way. He / his music / his movies / his legacy invites it's way into my life every single day, usually in odd and humerous ways. This is just my memory album, my journey of living in "Viva" Las Vegas (sorry, I couldn't help it!) influenced by Elvis.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. You are a nut... but that is what I love about you!! The good news is you are one of many that share this.... So I think they may have an "800" number out there if this extremly, intense passion gets a little out of control... and know that your friends and family will support you! HEHE..! Just had to flick ya some crap! Love ya! Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard that Elvis had a 9 foot large intestine. Impressive!

    ReplyDelete