Background

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I'm back!



Song of the Day: "(Ain't it) Funny How Time Slips Away"

As this song was playing this morning, I thought about my blog. Time to dust off the keys, dust off the stove and get back to work on my mission! I apologize for being away, but sometimes life steps in and you have to reassess your priorities. Luckily, my hubby is back in good shape, the holidays are now over and we're back on our feet again with business as usual!

Thank goodness too, just in time for Big E's 76th birthday! And how did you celebrate?!? I celebrated by  inviting my family (didn't invite my friends since they think I'm crazy anyway...I'm attempting to make them see me as a normal, sane person!) to see my favorite Elvis guy, Johnny Fortuno at the Cannery! (Yes, the invitation above is what I gave to my peeps to ensure they were well aware of the plans for that day!) In preparation, my fantastic hubby joined me in racing to the Cannery on Friday night after our bowling league to "check things out". Turns out that it was packed! We got in by the skin of our teeth (and that's pretty thin skin) and got to stand there to watch Johnny...it was awesome! Only made me more excited for the following night.

Saturday, January 8, 2011 arrives (small tear for Big E...) - Big E's 76th birthday. My Mom and I decided to go and purchase new outfits for the evening (deal with it!). We both looked super hot and we headed for the Cannery. We all had dinner at the buffet which featured some of Elvis' favorite food. It was delicious! Then, by the time we got to the show room (2 1/2 hours prior to the show), there was a huge line already forming! So, my phenomenal hubby, whom I don't deserve, stood in line while my Mom and I went to lose some money in the one-armed bandits. We got great seats and the show was just fabulous!! Johnny was under the weather, but still sounded good...who wouldn't with the wonderful music of Big E? :) I purchased a cd and was lucky enough to have him sign it for me...note the inscription  along with his daughter's "signature" initials in the lower right...and take a quick pic. Picture didn't turn out very well, but you can tell my euphoric state of being by my huge grin! You must check out Johnny when you have a chance at http://www.johnnyfortuno.com/. He is absolutely amazing, even with non-Elvis music. He's has something for everyone. Thank you Johnny for being fantasic...thank you Big E...Happy Birthday and until we meet again...




Again, you can check out Johnny at http://www.johnnyfortuno.com/

1 comment:

  1. WOW - you still look amazing and you make Mr. Fortuno look good! You do! How's Court?

    ReplyDelete