Background

Monday, October 11, 2010

Days One and Two

Song of the Day: "Girl of Mine"

Oh girl of mine.....how you make my day.... one sunny smile and the clouds roll away.... Yes, Elvis singing this to me first thing this morning. I think all women need to hear this first thing in the morning. The world would just be a better place!

Okay, so I had a small, non-diet related, meltdown the day prior to starting the new lifestyle. Hopefully this is not a sign of things to come! I apologize, in advance, to my family though if it is a sign of things to come. Thank goodness for my forgiving hubby who puts up with me!

You know when you're watching the news, or Sportscenter or pretty much anything these days and they have the abbreviated versions of interesting (and some not so interesting) stories crawling across the bottom? Here's my abbreviated "crawler" version of the last two days:

...woman goes temporarily psychotic and flips out on hubby over wall blinds...husband grills massive amounts of chicken and veggies (2 grills worth) and then has brats for dinner...wife (me) starts new diet with egg whites and grapefruit which were delicious and she wonders, "where have you been all my life?"...wife discovers that eating 6 times a day is difficult...wife already sick of eating chicken every meal...wife wants to order out for dinner...husband decides on pizza for dinner...wife begins afresh next day and two (yes 2!) pounds lighter...more chicken...more chicken...wife gets through day two without pizza or ice cream in sight!

Yes, you heard me right, I already cheated on Day 1 and I have to admit, I loved my single piece of Domino's cheesy bread and McDonald's ice cream affair! I mean come on! Look at that cone...who wouldn't want that delicious, creamy, vanilla'y', cone of goodness on a cloud?!


Elvis loved Peanut Butter and Banana sandwiches fried in a stick butter, so what? We all have our foibles! Judge me if you must, but I'm sure you've got a food foible or two...admit it!



I started afresh (a word I can't stop saying after I heard it several times in the Elvis movie "The Trouble with Girls") on Day 2 and so far, no cheating on this day, which makes for a much less interesting day! Wish me luck on Day 3 with ice cream on top (and Domino's cheesy bread...yum!).

No comments:

Post a Comment